The Wild Apricot Text Manager (aka WATM) is free, open source tool that can be used by any Wild Apricot administrator to style, translate, hide or modify nearly every piece of system text in Wild Apricot.
WATM is the missing piece to customizing your Wild Apricot site to your exact colours, styles and text. You can make a variety of changes such as global text search and replace, modifying system or custom form labels and buttons, changing CSS properties on any class or ID and hiding certain labels or buttons altogether.
WATM is included with every Wild Apricot website that NewPath Consulting designs, as well. If you’d like help with implementing WATM, please check out our translation and custom design services on our website. Knowledge of CSS is very helpful but not required for using WATM.
What can you do with the Wild Apricot Text Manager?
- modify the style (color, decoration, shape, etc) of any user interface element
- translate your content and system text throughout your website
- hide any piece of text or user interface item (eg a button) in Wild Apricot
- change or hide existing system text or confusing user interface elements
WATM can be used to create a multi-lingual Wild Apricot website without the need to create duplicate pages, page templates or events. WATM currently supports a primary and secondary language. All content gadgets can be easily maintained on one page, while system text can be translated on the fly based on the translated added to the WATM configuration file.
NewPath Consulting has 8 languages developed for ready use with over 1,000 translations for various Wild Apricot system text. English, Spanish, Chinese (Simplifed), Chinese (Traditional), Arabic, Hindi, Portuguese and Russian are supported currently. New content and translations can be added by a customer quite easily.
Here’s a video of how multi-lingual support works with Wild Apricot.
Wild Apricot Translations
If your organization requires an alternative language for your Wild Apricot website, we can help you with a unique solution only offered by NewPath Consulting. Our solution adds one alternate language for all website pages and forms. Ongoing translations are easily managed in a spreadsheet and can be uploaded to Wild Apricot with one click.
Starts at USD$1,500
Installation fee (includes all navigation menus): $1,500
Per module translation fee (all prices in USD):
Event Calendar/Upcoming Events: $500
Blog/Recent blog posts: $500
Discussion forum/forum summary/forum updates: $1,000
Store Catalog/Cart: $1,000
Donation form/goal: $500
Subscription form: $500
Site search: $500
Member Directory/Featured Member: $1,000
Event Registration: $1,500
Membership Profile & Finances: depends on complexity of fields, starts at $500
Membership Application: depends on complexity of fields, starts at $500
Membership Renewal: depends on complexity of fields, starts at $500
- Installation of the Wild Apricot Text Manager, NewPath’s translation system is included.
- NewPath Consulting has developed 8 languages ready use with over 1,000 translations for various Wild Apricot system text. French, Spanish, Chinese (Simplifed), Chinese (Traditional), Arabic, Hindi, Portuguese and Russian are supported currently.
- Training is provided to staff to translate website content gadgets.
- Translation of Wild Apricot sites take between 1-4 weeks to complete.